Spinach and Cherry Tomato Quiche
This spinach and tomato quiche offers a nice, light flavor, and makes a delicious meal, perhaps paired with chips or a simple green salad. The quiche can be served hot, warm or chilled. It only needs to bake until it is just set, to keep the consistency light and creamy.
Homemade quiche recipes are always popular because this egg-based dish tastes so nice. You can add sliced mushrooms if you want, chopped red or green peppers, or even some blue cheese.
- steamed baby spinach – 200g
- halved cherry tomatoes – 200g
- olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- cream – 125ml
- eggs – 2
- grated parmesan cheese – 30g
- salt – to taste
For the Pastry
- plain flour – 300g
- chopped chilled butter – 125g
- egg yolk – 1
- salt – a pinch
- chopped fresh parsley – 1 tablespoon
- chopped fresh basil – 1 tablespoon
- First make the pasty by processing the flour, salt and butter until you have fine crumbs.
- Next add the egg yolk and herbs, along with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Process until everything comes together, then knead until you have a smooth dough.
- Wrap in Clingfilm, then put it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Roll the pastry out on a floured board and use it to line a pie tin.
- Trim the base and chill for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Use non-stick baking paper to line a baking tray.
- Put the cherry tomatoes on there and drizzle some oil over them.
- Grind over some salt, then roast for 15 minutes.
- Let them cool.
- Now you can line the pastry with non-stick baking paper.
- Fill it with baking peas/beans or uncooked rice.
- Bake it for 15 minutes, then remove the paper and rice.
- Line the pastry with the tomatoes and spinach.
- Whisk together the eggs and cream and pour this over the tomatoes and spinach.
- Sprinkle the parmesan on top and bake until just set.