Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
Possibly one of the most sinful pastas of them all and relatively easy to cook. Who can ever resist spaghetti carbonara? I think I had my first taste of this dish in the 1980s. Back then there wasn't fanciful Italian restaurants like today. If you want Italian, its just Pizza Hut. Making a choice for dinner was easy too. If you want pasta you only had to choose between carbonara or bolognese sauce!
Here's our recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara. You'll probably get all the ingredients you need from the supermarket and its relatively quick to cook.
- eggs - 3
- spaghetti - 400g
- cubed smoked pancetta - 150g
- grated parmesan cheese - 75g
- cream - 50ml
- butter - 25g
- peeled garlic clove - 1
- salt - ½ tablespoon
- black pepper - ½ tablespoon
- Cook the spaghetti al dente according to the instructions on the packaging or to your preferred texture.
- While waiting for the linguine you can start making the sauce by gently frying the pancetta and garlic in the butter then add the cream, salt, black pepper and cheese then set to one side.
- Once cooked drain the spaghetti and add to the carbonara sauce along with the eggs and stir well to coat.
- Serve the spaghetti carbonara immediately, adding more parmesan and black pepper if desired.