Salmon Teriyaki Recipe
Salmon Teriyaki is a fish preparation with the popular Japanese cooking technique, Teriyaki. Teriyaki style of cooking includes glazing the broiled foods with soy sauce, sugar, and mirin. The word, Teri refers to luster or shine given by sugar and yaki refers to broiling or grilling method.
- Salmon steaks – 4
- Soy sauce – 1/4 cup
- Sesame oil – 1/4 cup
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1/4 cup
- Brown Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Ground Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Garlic Powder – 1 tsp
- Ground Mustard – 1 tsp
- Take a saucepan and add sesame oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame seeds, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and ground mustard. Simmer it on low heat, while stirring continuously until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Take out ½ cup from the above marinade and keep it aside for basting.
- Now add salmon steaks into the remaining marinade and put it in a big zip lock and marinade for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, take the marinated salmon steaks out and discard the extra marinade
- Preheat oven’s broiler and put salmon steaks on it. Broil for 5 minutes and the brush steaks with the reserved marinade. Turn and broil again. Cook until you notice flakey skin and opaque texture. Brush the steaks again with marinade.