Recipe To Bake Almond Cookies
You will probably know almond cookies as a Chinese New Year snack, but they are too good to only have once a year. These cookies are soft and crumbly, and the flavour is amazing. One of these little treats is never enough and of course the kids love them as much as the grownups do!
Instead of buying them though, why not try making your own? This recipe is very simple. You will need a sieve, stand mixer and baking tray. Your kitchen is going to smell amazing when you bake these and everyone will congregate in the kitchen out of curiosity!
This recipe makes about fifty cookies but they’re small so one helping is several cookies. Keep them in an airtight container at room temperature after letting them cool down from the oven. You can make them a bit bigger if you prefer larger cookies. They will take anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes to bake. As soon as they look golden on top, they’re done.
- plain flour – 150g
- baking powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- baking soda – 3/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- white sugar – 75g
- ground almonds – 100g
- vegetable oil – 100ml
- beaten egg yolk – 1
- First you need to sieve the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt and white sugar into a stand mixer bowl.
- Now add the ground almonds and mix on a medium speed, slowly pouring the oil into the bowl.
- Keep mixing until you have a dough which holds together.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Use a teaspoon to shape the dough into 50 equal sized balls (might be less or more).
- Arrange the balls on a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Brush beaten egg yolk over the cookies to glaze them.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until they are golden, then let them cool before eating.