- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Layered Mocha Cheesecake
Cheesecakes have been around for many years and are popular in every part of the world. The cheese cakes were first made by Greeks and they served them to athletes of Olympic Games in 776 B.C on the Delos Island. Cheesecakes were also the wedding cakes in the weddings of Greeks. Since the Olympic Games, the delicious taste was caught on by other Europeans and soon flourished throughout north Western Europe, UK and Scandinavia. The yummy cheesecakes recipes were brought to America by the European immigrants and since then, cheesecakes have become a popular dessert in the American cuisine. There are many variations of cheesecake recipes in the world; however, the most important ingredient is cheese, cream cheese, and ricotta cheese. Italians use ricotta cheese in the preparation while Americans use cream cheese or sour cheese as the main ingredient.
- July 30th is the National Cheesecake Day
- The largest cheesecake weighing 4,703 pounds was made by Philadelphia Kraft Foods Mexico. It appeared in the Guinness World Records on 25th January 2009.
- Cheese cake moulds were excavated by Physical anthropologists on the Greek Island, which dated back to 2000 B.C.
- Preparation time 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- chocolate filled cookies crumbs or Oreo crumbs - 1 ½ cups
- melted unsalted butter - ¼ cup
- softened cream cheese - 8 ounces
- instant coffee granules - 2 teaspoon
- hot water - 1 tablespoon
- ground cinnamon - ¼ teaspoon
- Eggs - 3
- sugar - 1 ½ cups
- all purpose flour - ¼ cup
- vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- semi sweet chocolate chips - ½ cup
- melted chocolate - 2 cups
- butter - 3 tablespoon
- Take a 9 inches spring form pan and add cookie crumbs and butter to it.
- In a small bowl, add water, cinnamon, and coffee granules. Keep it aside.
- Take a large bowl and add cream cheese and sugar. Beat both the ingredients until smooth. To the mixture, add eggs and beat them slow until they are well combined to the mixture. Put in the vanilla extract.
- Divide the above mixture in two parts
- Put melted chocolate into one portion of the crème cheese and sugar batter and pour it into the cookie and butter crust or to the step 1 .
- Add coffee mixture (step 2) into the second portion and spoon it over the chocolate layer.
Place the pan on a heavy foil and wrap it securely around the pan. Put this pan in a larger baking pan filled with hot water and make sure the water is only one inch above the base.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and put the cake pan into the oven and bake it at 325 degrees for about 50 to 55 minutes. Once the surface or top appears dull and the center is set, remove the spring form pan from the larger pan and keep it on a rack to cool it down. After 10 to minutes, run a knife around the edges of the pan to help loosen the cake. Cool for another hour and refrigerate the cake for about 10 to 12 hours.
For glazing the cake, melt chocolate chips and butter together in microwave and spread the mixture over the cheese cake.