How to Make the Very Best Egg Mayonnaise
A good egg salad recipe or egg mayonnaise recipe is simple to make and versatile enough to serve in a baked potato, over a bed of salad leaves or between two slices of bread to make a filling sandwich. Sliced turkey or chicken can be added to the sandwich to make it more satisfying, or you can add salad leaves or sliced fresh tomato.
The Best Way to Boil Eggs
Different people have their own ways to boil eggs, but a fool-proof way is detailed below. You just cover the eggs in cold water, bring it to a boil, then let the eggs sit in the hot water in the covered pan until they are done.
We are adding mayo and mustard for the dressing, along with spring onion for crunch and a little salt, pepper and paprika to bring out the flavours. Choose Dijon, sweet or another kind of mustard. Any will work. You could even leave it out if you are not keen on it.
Chop the egg into large or small pieces, as you prefer, or even mash them if you want a creamy sandwich filling which isn't going to tumble out of the sandwich when you take a bite (especially if you tend to overfill it!)
- eggs - 8
- mustard - 1 teaspoon
- mayonnaise - 8 tablespoons
- chopped spring onion - 4 tablespoons
- ground paprika - 1/4 teaspoon
- salt and black pepper - to taste
1. Put the eggs in a pan and cover by 5cm with cold water.
2. Bring the water to a boil then take the pan off the heat.
3. Cover the pan tightly and let the eggs stand in there for 12 minutes.
4. Peel and chop the eggs.
5. Stir in the mustard, mayonnaise and spring onion.
6. Add paprika, salt and black pepper to taste.