Fluffy Pancakes Recipe
Fluffy pancakes always make a delicious breakfast or brunch, and they are great for the whole family. Whether you like your pancakes with syrup, fresh fruit, sprinkles, melted butter, whipped cream, or a mixture of these, there is no doubt pancakes will start your day wonderfully. Making your own pancakes is very easy, and the following recipe shows you how to make light, fluffy pancakes. Served hot, these are sure to put a smile on everyone's face.
We are combining vinegar with milk to 'sour' the milk, then combining this with dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, sugar and more. The batter is whisked until it is free of lumps, and then you can cook it in a frying pan. Use a nonstick frying pan or skillet so you can toss the pancakes easily without having them stick.
You will be able to see when the pancakes are done. They will be set firm and golden brown. Our fluffy pancakes recipe makes 8 small pancakes, which is enough for 2 people, but feel free to make larger pancakes or double the recipe if you are cooking for the family, or even triple the recipe if you are feeding a crowd. Got any leftovers? No problem because these freeze well too!
- white vinegar - 2 tablespoons
- milk - 180ml
- plain flour - 140g
- baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- white sugar - 2 tablespoons
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- melted butter - 2 tablespoons
- egg - 1
- cooking spray - as needed
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Stir the vinegar into the milk and set this mixture to one side for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk the butter and egg into the vinegar and milk mixture.
- Pour the flour mixture into the egg mixture and keep whisking until this batter is lump-free.
- Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat and coat it with cooking spray.
- Pour some of the batter (about 1/8 of it) on to the pan and cook the pancake until you see bubbles on the surface.
- Flip it over and cook until the other side is golden brown, then repeat with the rest of the batter until you have 8 fluffy pancakes, which you can serve right away with your choice of syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or any other favourite toppings.