Chicken Tikka Recipe
Chicken Tikka is a popular chicken snack, which originated in the northern part of India and remains popular in India and Pakistan. The dish uses boneless pieces of chicken, marinated in yogurt and spices, grilled over high flame using skewers in a clay oven. The dish is eaten with coriander chutney, served with lemon wedges and onion rings.
- Boneless chicken pieces – 500 gm
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 1/2 tasp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Thick yogurt – 1 cup
- Juice of – 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tbsp
- pinch of red food color – optional
- Take a bowl and add yogurt with all the spices. Add olive oil and lemon juice. Add food color, mix well.
- Add chicken pieces to the above marinade and refrigerate it for two hours.
- Pre-heat oven at 250 c for 15 minutes
- Skewer the pieces and grill them for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is brown from all sides.